10th Annual One Child at a Time Benefit, Picnic in the Park
Buy Event Tickets or sign up as an Event Sponsor or Patron here: bit.ly/calicopicnic2014
Please join CALICO and Celebrity Host Harrison Barnes from the Golden State Warriors for an afternoon of epic entertainment! Circus of Smiles will delight you with their acrobatic performances and even share a few tricks of the trade. You will also enjoy highly acclaimed blues musician Rick Baskin and Friends. And if that’s not enough, there will be old-time carnival games, a Lakeshore Learning craft table, and wine tasting for the adults. Plus indulge in picnic fare from local food trucks, including the Sliders Truck, tacos and cupcakes courtesy of Teacake Bake Shop.
Don't miss out on CALICO's legendary raffle and auction.
Raffle tickets can be purchased by calling 510-895-0702. You do NOT have to be present any of these phenomenal RAFFLE prizes:
- 14k white-gold pendant with white and blue diamonds ($1,350 value) from Elegant Jewelry
- Lightweight, pencil-thin iPad mini ($400 value)
- Wine lover’s collection featuring unique bottles and private tours and tastings from local vintners
- East bay sports spread, including a pair of Oakland A’s tickets, a pair of Warriors tickets and signed 49ers sports memorabilia
- Foodie package to make you drool, featuring a private tour of and gift basket from Baia Pasta and gift certificates from Williams-Sonoma, Berkeley Bowl, La Farine and more
- Date night in the city, starting with dinner out, followed by two tickets to the San Francisco Ballet, and capped off with a stay at the San Francisco Marriott
- Mimosas for you and your friends at a private shopping party at Anthropologie plus local salon gifts and artisanal jewelry and accessories
Or be there in person to bid on and take home any of these AUCTION prizes:
- Fullfill your inner techie's dream with tours and lunch at Google AND Twitter
- Grab your friends for a luxurious day on the Bay on a 40-foot Catalina 400
- Get out ahead of your new years resolutions with personalized yoga sessions, personal training sessions, an Adventure Bootcamp, and a Basis Health Tracker
- Be the star of your own CSI East Bay with a tour for eight of the Oakland Crime Lab and Santa Rita jail
- Start your own wine cellar with a case of wine from local vintners each personally selected by the CALICO board
And much, much more!!
This month you can get the best California styles and help children who have experienced abuse by purchasing clothing or accessories from Never Elsewhere. The clothing company has generously chosen to recognize National Child Abuse Prevention Month by donating 10% of its April sales to CALICO’s Children’s Advocacy Centers of California program.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Everyone holds the power to be a hero, prevent child abuse and give children the healthy childhoods they deserve. Take a moment to learn what you can do to keep kids safe - and then share these tips with your friends and family.
Janice Le’s passion for justice and healing for abused children not only led her to take action and join the CALICO Board of Directors, it also inspired her to find her own voice.
Team CALICO runners run for many different reasons. For Christina Walburn running in the Oakland Running Festival is an extension of her years-long commitment to keeping children safe and healthy.