CALICO welcomes help from volunteers in many areas, including the following:
· Join the Board of Directors, a committed group of individuals who govern and raise funds for and awareness of CALICO’s efforts.
· Assist with administrative tasks, data entry and database programming, landscaping, building maintenance, communications or other areas.
· Get involved with CALICO’s annual One Child at a Time Benefit.
· Run or volunteer for Team CALICO at the Oakland Running Festival.
· Assist with CALICO’s annual direct-mail appeal at the end of the calendar year.
· Staff a CALICO table at community fairs and corporate events.
· Organize a supply or toy drive or blanket-making party at work or with friends and family.
· Invite CALICO to speak at your civic organization, school, work, or faith-based organization.
For more information about any of the above opportunities email email@example.com or call 510-895-0702.
We each have different skills and resources, but we can all find ways to support the agencies that we believe in. I chose to support CALICO because the organization is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well being of our children, and I am proud to volunteer and raise funds for an agency that is making such a positive impact in our community.
—Andé Peña, East Bay Community Services
CALICO volunteer and member of Oakland Running Festival Team CALICO